Friday, July 27, 2012

DIY Batman/Batgirl Costume

In honor of the Dark Knight Rises premiering so recently (& being so amazing!) I thought I would share my quick & easy DIY Batman/Girl Costume from last Halloween.  In reality, this method can apply to ANY superhero you choose, but my example features Batman/Batgirl :)

Items:

  1. Yellow belt (if you don't have/can't find one: buy a white belt & spray-paint yellow: $7 @ walmart)
  2. black mini skirt for the girls; black pants for the boys (I got mine for $4 @ Plato's Closet)
  3. black knee-high "hooker" boots for the girls ($15 @ Plato's Closet; black shoes (of any sort) for the boys
  4. Batman Tee ($10 @ Hastings or Spencer's)
  5. plain black mask if you like ($1 @ Walmart)
Put it together and...

With the mask 
With the belt

Batman & Batgirl

I also chose to roll up my sleeves & make my shirt a v-cut

No comments:

Post a Comment