Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting Healthy Week 1

Going to Schlitterbahn tomorrow... yay bikinis...

So for the past week or so I've amped up my workout routine & tried to eat better. Today though starts a for-sure eating better routine!

Some of my exercises are a little lazy thanks to my weak knees, so this is doable for anyone! :)


Exercises:
YOGA! Oh I do love, thee
I do the following DAILY (as daily as possible)
http://becausewecandoit.tumblr.com/post/3689254271/i-hope-anon-is-happy
I do rows 1, 2, 4, & 5 for 30sec each, EVERY DAY
Don't strain yourself, of course.
Additionally I do 30 seconds with the following poses:

  1. Half Moon Pose on each side (Stand straight up with legs shoulder-width apart, lift both arms straight above your head, bend slightly to the side from your hips. Hold for 30 seconds, switch sides.)
  2. Tree Pose on each leg (Stand straight with legs together, place one heel on inner thigh of other leg, lift arms straight above you & balance. Hold for 30 seconds, switch sides.)
  3. Sun Salutation (Stand straight with feet shoulder-width or a tad farther apart. Stand on toes, lift arms straight above your head, lean slightly back & hold for 3 seconds. Bend over at waist & touch toes. Hold for 3 seconds. Bend knees and lit arms above head. Hold for 3 seconds. That's ONE rep. Do TEN.)
  4. Standing Knee (Stand on one leg while holding other leg perpendicular just under the knee. Count out 5 seconds, then pull knee into your body for another 5 seconds. Alternate for a total of 30 seconds, then switch legs.) 
  5. Superwoman/Plank lift (Lie flat on your tummy, body straight. Pull your arms behind you, just under your butt, hold hands together and lift. Hold for 5 seconds then relax for 5 seconds. That's 1, do 6 reps

http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/26072426586
Of these I only do the middle 2 exercises.
3 sets per leg, EVERY DAY

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/5-minute-butt-lift-workout/
Set feet shoulder-width apart with toes pointed outward. Clinch butt inward and lower without letting knees go in front of your toes. Do 20 reps then pulse on rep 21 for 20 seconds.
I do these EVERY DAY


Get in this position, then push left leg back into lunge. Come back to squat. Push right leg back into lunge. Come back to squat. Do 10 on each leg every other day.


Explosive lunges (jump in the air between lunges to get to next leg's lunge). Alternate legs. 10 per leg, every other day.

Stand toes forward with right foot atop a roller towel (on tile) or a hard book (on carpet). Bend left knee   while pushing right leg out to side & turning foot (you should look like the picture above). Hold for 3 seconds. That's ONE rep. Do 10 then switch sides.
I do these every other day.


Finally, every day I follow this plan to tighten my body: http://www.livestrong.com/article/426580-exercises-to-tighten-your-body-after-weight-loss/

If I find myself watching a ton of tv on a lazy weekend, I use the following website: http://www.shape.com/celebrities/celebrity-workouts/nfl-cheerleader-workout?page=3
I do 1 exercise slide (starting w/ slide 3). Start a timer for 5 minutes, then do the next slide. It's a great way to watch a tv show or movie & still workout!!


I should lose weight on this plan, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment