Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cooking Like A Glutton


Yesterday I realized I had a TON of heavy cream left over from making sinfully delicious red velvet brownies with white chocolate buttercream icing
Yep, they turn out just like this.
So I did some research and definitely failed at attempting heavy cream fudge... seriously... someone has a terrible recipe out there... shame on you!!

TODAY however, I made the most amazing No-Bake Cookies I've ever tasted (not to toot my own horn or anything). 
So here's the recipe for these beauts!

Yields ≈ dozen+
Ingredients:
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
3/8 cup cocoa (I chose dark chocolate)
3/4 stick butter = 3/8 cup
2 1/2 cup oats
2/5 cup peanut butter
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup sugar

Directions:
  1. Mix sugar, water, heavy cream, cocoa, & butter together on moderate heat until boils; let boil for 2 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat, add into separate bowl of remaining ingredients.
  3. MIX WELL!!
  4. Scoop out onto wax paper
  5. Enjoy after ≈2 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment