Monday, February 25, 2013

Grad Students Have No Life

So I got out of a class early today (miracle!!) and found this wonderful Blogger app so I can write to you on the go!

My first point of business: graduate-level students have no life. Zero. I don't have time to eat most days unless I pack a lunch or find a vending machine and can cram it in under 5 minutes.

Grad school is a beautiful experience, but don't be alarmed when it's nothing like undergrad and you actually have to read, study, and so some work earlier than the night before it's due. Get ready for group semester-long projects in every class and tests without multiple choice where essay questions can really be incorrect. Get ready for your grades to be based on how well/poorly your classmates did and not the work you put in. Grad school isn't like work either. It isn't the real world. There are deadlines that get moved around, yes, but you're also assigned things you don't know how to do and can't figure out by asking the professor or even searching the web. Grad school makes you a mess.

But it is still a great experience to learn something for once! You get hands-on experience and don't just memorize for the test, rather you soak it aaaaaaaall in.

Ok so there's my educationally aware post of the day! Now I invite everyone to check out my best friend's tumblr on what life is like when you actually work for something:

Www.missivylynn22.tumblr.com


Happy days to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment